Nathan Sykes born on April 18, 1993 is an English singer, songwriter and record producer. He is best known for being the youngest member of the British boy band The Wanted. After the band's hiatus in 2014, Sykes embarked on a solo career. His debut, Kiss Me Quick was released in July 2015.
Sykes was born on 18 April 1993 to Harry and Karen Sykes. He has a younger sister, Jessica Sykes, who is also a singer. Sykes attended Sylvia Young Theatre School and Ribston Hall High School Sixth Form.
Sykes started singing when he was six years old. In 2003, he won various competitions including Britney Spears' Karaoke Kriminals and Cheltenham Competitive Festival of Dramatic Art. In 2004, he appeared on ITV's Ministry of Mayhem, and won the Door Youth Project's "Undiscovered Youth Talent Contest" where he performed "Mack the Knife" in Derker, and he attempted to represent United Kingdom in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 that was held in Lillehammer. In the finals he finished in third place with the song, "Born to Dance", behind Cory Spedding and runner-up Andrew Merry. In 2008, he performed for the music competition "Live and Unsigned".
2009–14: The WantedEdit
In 2009, at the age of 16, Sykes auditioned for the boy band, The Wanted. The auditions were held by Jayne Collins. Sykes was chosen to be one of those five members for a group. He joined bandmates Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Tom Parker and Jay McGuiness. In 2014, the band decided to take a break and pursue their personal endeavours after a tour of the United Kingdom and the United States.
The band managed to produce multiple hit singles and fared adequate success following "Glad You Came" and "Chasing The Sun". Their debut album, "The Wanted", debuted at #4 on the UK Charts, as well as being certified platinum by the BPI. Their sophomore album, "Battleground" proved to be a strong continuation, also being certified platinum by the BPI, and certified gold by IRMA. However, their third album, "Word of Mouth" was considered to be a worldwide flop, not faring well in the charts at all. The band was dropped from the label and went on a hiatus, going their own separate ways.
2013–present: Unfinished BusinessEdit
In 2013, Sykes and American singer Ariana Grande released their collaborative single, "Almost Is Never Enough". In 2014, Sykes signed a record deal with Global Entertainment (a part of the Global Group, along with Capital's owner Global Radio).
In June 2014, he joined singer Jessie J on stage for Capital's Summertime Ball to perform "Calling All Hearts".
In March 2015, Sykes debuted his first solo music video for "More Than You'll Ever Know" on Vevo. Sykes went on his first solo tour on 8 April 2015, which included six sold-out shows in the United Kingdom. Sykes announced via the app Periscope that his debut single would be called "Kiss Me Quick". The single was released on 5 July 2015. On 21 May 2015, Sykes released his music video for his debut single, "Kiss Me Quick" on Vevo. The song peaked at number 14 on the UK Singles Chart.
In October 2015, Sykes announced his second single, called "Over and Over Again". The music video for the song was released in the UK on 28 October 2015. It was released worldwide on 20 November 2015. It was also announced that Sykes would support Little Mix on their The Get Weird Tour in March 2016. Sykes announced that his third single, called "Give It Up", would be released on 13 May 2016. The music video for "Give It Up" was released on 27 April 2016, and was later banned from television after featuring numerous scenes which came across unsuitable for most audiences.
On 11 June 2016, Sykes performed at Capital's Summertime Ball for the seventh consecutive time (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 with The Wanted, 2014 as Jessie J's guest, 2015 and 2016 as a solo performer).
On 11 July 2016, Sykes announced via Twitter that he would be joining Alessia Cara on her Know-It-All headling tour in the United States. On 12 October 2016, Sykes announced via Twitter that his debut studio album, Unfinished Business would be out worldwide on 11 November 2016.
Official Account Edit
- Nathan Sykes Facebook
- Nathan Sykes Instagram
- Nathan Sykes Twitter
- Nathan Sykes on Insstar.com
- Nathan Sykes on Insstars.com
- Nathan Sykes on Instagweb.com
- Nathan Sykes on buzzcent.com
- ↑ "Music & Management". Global Entertainment
- ↑ Nathan Sykes
- ↑ "VIDEO: Move over Nathan Sykes, sister Jess proves singing talent". Gloucester Citizen
- ↑ "Nathan Sykes: 'The Wanted Split Will Be Lengthy'". MTV
- ↑ "I wasn’t in best place when I split with The Wanted and Ariana". The Sun
- ↑ 
- ↑ Nathan Sykes Announces Debut Single "Kiss Me Quick released in June"
- ↑ Nathan Sykes Announces Debut Single "Kiss Me Quick release date."
- ↑ Nathan Sykes on Twitter
- ↑ Kiss Us Quick Nathan! The UK Singing Sensation Joins Our Summertime Ball Line Up
- ↑ Nathan Sykes Gives The #CapitalSTB Crowd A Surprise Duet… With X Factor's Louisa Johnson!
- ↑ Nathan Sykes - Nathan Sykes performs to over 80,000 people at the Capital FM Summertime Ball!!
- ↑ Nathan Sykes announces tour with Alessia Cara
- ↑ Nathan Sykes announces new album date.
- ↑ "Dionne Bromfield confirms Nathan Sykes split: 'No hard feelings'". Digital Spy
- ↑ "They just weren't into it anymore': Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes split up 'a few weeks ago after relationship ran its course". Daily Mail