"Over and Over Again" is a song by English singer and songwriter Nathan Sykes. The song was written by Sykes, alongside Harmony Samuels, Carmen Reece and Major Johnson Finley, and was released in the United Kingdom on 18 October 2015 as the second single from his debut studio album Unfinished Business. The song peaked at number 8 on the UK Singles Chart. A remix, featuring American singer and songwriter Ariana Grande was released on 15 January 2016.
In August 2013, Ariana released a duet with Nathan called "Almost Is Never Enough" for the soundtrack of the City of Bones. Dating rumors between the two started to begin shortly after and the two confirmed these the following months. Nathan and Ariana dated for a few months before breaking up in December.
Through 2014 and 2015, Nathan did several interviews in which he confirmed they were still friends and continued to talk. This friendship did not extend too far as the pair were never seen in public together as well as no mention of it on either one's social media. Nathan also stated that he was working on some songs for his first album about Ariana.
Nathan released "Over and Over Again" as a solo artist in October 2015 to serve as the second single for his upcoming debut album, Unfinished Business. In January 2016, it was announced that the song would be re-released with Ariana as a featured artist.
In an interview with Billboard, Nathan said, "I sat there listening to the song when it came on the radio in the U.K., and I said, 'You know who'd sound great on this?' -- it was just a really random thought -- 'Ariana. She'd sound fantastic on this song.' And obviously, we'd done 'Almost Is Never Enough' before, on her debut album Yours Truly, and that's where I met my executive producer Harmony Samuels. He's just fantastic. And that's who I wrote 'Over and Over Again' with. So it's kind of come full-circle. She was really up for it, and she went in and put down an amazing, just beautiful vocal." He also said the duet wasn't awkward because they dating whats seems like "forever" ago and they are both mature.
Sykes performed the song live on The X Factor on 22 November 2015. He also performed a stripped down version of the song on The Late Late Show with James Corden. He also sang a version of it at the 2016 Summertime Ball with Louisa Johnson.
- There's an extended play with remixes from the song.
- The Jumpsmokers remix from the solo version of the song.
- The Elephante remix, Chahill remix, and Elephante Uptempo Radio Version from the duet version of the song.
- In the music video, "Unfinished Business" can be seen in the video as a movie title hinting for his upcoming debut album.
- Was released a single with the acoustic version.
- ↑ MTV - Nathan Sykes Wrote A ‘Really Emotional’ Breakup Song About Ariana Grande
- ↑ MTV - Exes Ariana Grande And Nathan Sykes Have Reunited For A New Duet
- ↑ Billboard - Nathan Sykes on Reuniting With Ariana Grande
- ↑ Entertainment Tonight - Nathan Insists There Was 'Nothing Awkward' About Recording With Ariana
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ iTunes
|November 11, 2016 • 44:11 • Global Entertainment|
|Released||Burn Me Down • Famous • Freedom • Give It Up • Good Things Come to Those Who Wait • I'd Rather Lose • I'll Remember You • I Can't Be Mad • Kiss Me Quick • Money • More Than You'll Ever Know • Over and Over Again • Taken • Tears in the Rain • There's Only One of You • Twist|
|Ariana Grande • G-Eazy • Nathan Sykes|